Mandatory meal plan 2021-22
What are mandatory residence meal plan dates?
- September 1, 2021: Fall 2021 semester begins. Dining halls open at dinner.
- November 1, 2021: Fall semester deadline to submit notice of withdrawal from residence.
- December 22, 2021: Fall 2021 semester ends. Following lunch service dining halls close.
- December 23, 2021-January 1, 2022: Dining halls closed for the holidays.
- January 2, 2022: Winter 2022 semester begins. Dining halls open at dinner.
- March 1, 2022: Winter semester deadline to submit notice of withdrawal from residence.
- May 2, 2022: Winter 2022 semester ends. Following lunch service, dining halls close for the summer.
Am I required to purchase a mandatory residence meal plan?
The meal plan is mandatory for students living in residence.
Where do I use my residence meal plan?
You have access to an all-you-care-to-eat dining hall at your designated residence at either the Sir George Williams (Grey Nuns building) or Loyola Campus (SC building).
Will I be able to travel between both dining halls?
Yes, you may travel between both dining halls.
How much does a mandatory residence meal plan cost?
The mandatory residence plan costs CDN$4,975.
How do I purchase my mandatory residence meal plan?
As of May 3, 2021, you may purchase your mandatory meal plan here.
How does my meal plan work on campus?
Following the purchase of your meal plan, it’s loaded onto your Student ID and available as of the first meal service upon your move to residence.
Your card will be swiped by the cashier at the entrance to the dining hall.
To use the plan, you must always have your card with you.
How do I use my meal plan?
Once your Student ID card is activated with your plan, you must always carry your card with you:
Present your card to the cashier—who will swipe it when you enter— during each visit to the dining hall. You have unlimited entries throughout the day.
What happens if I show up to the dining hall without my student ID card?
You will be required to pay for your purchase with cash or credit at the time – no exceptions. You can return with your card and receipt (within 48 hours), after which the amount will be reimbursed to you on your card.
Can your plans accommodate me if I have food allergies or dietary preferences?
Concordia Food Services does not operate in allergen-free facilities. As a result, the culinary team, while extremely careful in their manipulation of food and ingredients, cannot guarantee that food prepared in residence kitchens and served in dining halls does not contain, or has not become cross-contaminated with allergens, gluten or any other sensitive ingredients.
If you have a self-identified or diagnosed allergy, intolerance or restriction, you must consult with our registered dietitian at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify whether our dining halls can accommodate your needs.
Can I share my meal plan with a friend or family member?
No. Plans are strictly non-transferable. As a result, only the plan owner can benefit from the tax savings. What’s more, in 2021-22, both dining halls will be restricted to students who live in residence and have purchased a mandatory meal plan only.
Can I bring a guest to the dining halls?
No. In 2021-22, dining halls will be restricted to students in residence only.
What happens to my meal plan if I lose my student ID card?
Keep your Student ID card safe at all times, much like you would your debit or credit card. Please note that if a card is lost or stolen, the cardholder is responsible for all unauthorized charges until the card is reported as missing. If it is lost or stolen, follow these steps:
- Immediately report any lost or stolen cards to Concordia Food Services so your plan can be temporarily deactivated to protect your funds.
- If you can’t locate your card, visit the Birks Student Service Centre web page to begin the process of securing a replacement card.
- Until you receive your new card: To gain access to the dining hall, you will be required to provide your Student ID number, as well as a valid photo ID
- When you receive your replacement card: Please contact email@example.com to activate it for immediate use.
Where can I see dining hall menus?
Weekly menus, which will rotate every four weeks, are posted on this website and in the dining halls so you can plan your meals accordingly.
What safety measures can I expect during COVID-19?
Your safety and that of our staff remains our number-one priority. When you step foot into each dining hall, you can expect:
- Increased frequencies of cleaning and sanitization of high-touch points
- Protective barriers between you and staff members serving you food from behind the counter
- Food service employees donning personal protective equipment to protect them and you
- Enforcement of facial coverings, which students must wear at all times
- Hand sanitizers at the main entrance and throughout the dining hall
- No self-serve (e.g., salad bar) or self-cook stations. Our staff members are happy to serve you!
- An optimized number of menu stations to ensure variety
- Communications measures and signage that encourage social distancing
- Digital solutions to provide feedback about the menu and your dining experience
May I take food and/or drinks out of the dining hall?
You may take out only one hot beverage (coffee or tea) OR one fruit OR one dry snack.