How To Sign Up for a Meal Plan
Need Help Choosing a Meal Plan?
About Your Meal Plan
What’s in an all-you-care-to-eat meal plan?
An all-you-care-to-eat meal plan unlocks wholesome meals, coffee, snacks, and more at Concordia University’s two dining halls: the one in the Grey Nuns Building at the Sir George Williams campus and the Buzz in the SC Building on the Loyola campus.
Whether you’re enjoying a meal with friends or snacking on the go, you’ll reap multiple benefits from your meal plan.
Meal plan benefits
- Full and convenient access: breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as snacks, freshly ground Fairtrade coffee, Fairtrade tea, as well as a wide selection of cold beverages
- Healthy choices: Plant based, scratch cooking, local products, fresh and seasonal ingredients when they’re available, and Aliments du Québec au menu program meals (made with ingredients mainly from Quebec)
- Diverse and wide menu options: halal, vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, and lactose alternatives, comfort food, and international cuisine
- A-team of culinary and service experts: Our culinary team comprises the executive chef, sous-chefs and cooks. Our managers are also on hand to field your questions and address your concerns.
- Exclusive events: theme nights, local, national and international food days, as well as health, wellness and sustainability activities
- Real-time feedback platforms: to solicit and address your questions and comments about menu options and service satisfaction
- Consultation with onsite registered dietitian: to accommodate special diets and address allergies and other dietary restrictions
Mandatory meal plans
Meal plans are mandatory for first-year students who live in residences on campus. Students can eat in dining halls on both campuses. The meal plan cost for fall and winter 2022-23 is $5,350, which includes $5,100 for the meal plan and a mandatory, annual purchase of $250 in flex dollars that can be spent at all Concordia Food Services cafés.View retail locations and opening hours.
Commuter meal plans for students living close to campus
Living off campus comes with its own needs and challenges. Student commuters in the surrounding areas are offered meal plans with flexibility, convenience and savings in mind.
Commuter meal plan benefits
For a limited time, receive a minimum of 10% bonus in dining dollars depending on the selected plan
No need to carry cash. The plan is registered on your student ID card.
The cashier simply swipes your card and every purchase is deducted from your balance.
Access to: Grey Nuns and Buzz dining halls, much like students living in residences, as well as Aramark-run retail cafés on both campuses
Fall semester: August 27, 2022–December 22nd, 2022
Winter semester: January 2, rd 2023–May 3, 2023
Summer: Some cafés remain open after May 3, 2023. Meal plan dollars can be used during this period.
Nuts and nut bio-products in our dining facilities
While we will not use peanuts, nuts or peanut/nut bi-products in our recipes, ready-to-serve products or ingredients, or in the kitchen, Concordia Food Services does not operate in an allergen- and peanut/nut-free environment. As a result, we cannot guarantee that food served in the dining halls has not become cross-contaminated with allergens, including nuts and peanuts.
Self-identified or diagnosed allergies, intolerances or restrictions
Upon registering, you must email email@example.com to inform Concordia Food Services of food allergies, intolerances, restrictions and/or dietary preferences so you can take part in a consultation session with our registered dietitian to determine whether the mandatory meal plan is a suitable option.
The consultation session with our registered dietitian will cover:
- An assessment of dietary-specific needs
- A preliminary menu plan with alternatives where possible
- Whether accommodations can be made, depending on the nature and severity of those allergies and/or preferences
How we keep you safe during COVID-19
Rest assured that Concordia University and Concordia Food Services follow guidance from public health to ensure your safety and that of our staff remains paramount.
Meet your executive chef: Alejandro Velazquez Rodriguez
Chef Alejandro Velazquez says his natural curiosity and enthusiasm drive his creativity and eagerness to learn new techniques. He draws from more than 20 years of experience in the food services industry to lead and mobilize his team toward preparing and presenting high-quality dishes.
In 2019, Chef Alejandro began working for Aramark as an executive chef at large Canadian IT company and one year later, he became executive chef for Concordia Food Services.
A Management graduate from Colima University in Mexico, Chef Alejandro’s passion for food propelled him toward hospitality services. Throughout his career, he has assumed roles as a sous-chef and executive chef at various Montreal restaurants, and catered for corporate events and banquets.
He says during his stint as executive chef at Montreal’s Midtown Le Sanctuaire, he was proud to have prepared dinners for an annual fundraiser—for Sainte-Justine children’s hospital—in which he collaborated with local celebrity chefs and their culinary teams on building the dishes.
With his capacity to listen attentively and superlative communications skills in French, English and Spanish, Chef Alejandro says he looks forward to interacting with students in the dining hall.
Away from work, he says he relishes being a dad to four boys, two of whom are twins. “I should have the medal of honour for that!” Chef Alejandro jokes.
- August 27, 2022: Fall 2022 semester begins. Dining halls open at dinner.
- November 1, 2022: Fall semester deadline to submit notice of withdrawal from residence.
- December 22, 2022: Fall 2022 semester ends. Following lunch service, dining halls close.
- December 23, 2022-January 1, 2023: Dining halls closed for the holidays.
- January 2, 2023: Winter semester 2023. Dining halls open at dinner.
- March 1, 2023: Winter semester deadline to submit notice of withdrawal from residence.
- May 3, 2023: Winter 2023 semester ends. Following lunch service, dining halls close for the summer.
Consult the mandatory meal plan FAQ
Read the mandatory meal plan terms and conditions